Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cherry Blossom Festival


You've got to love April....on the east coast at least. One day it's 80 degrees fahrenheit and the next day it's snowing. This photograph was taken at the Potamac Park in Washington D.C. a few weeks ago during the opening of the Cherry Blossom Festival. As you can see, all the cherry blossom trees were in bloom. The day before this shot was taken it the temperature was about 70 degrees and sunny. On the morning i  took this shot, it was snowing. I had set my alarm for 5:30am so that i could get some sunrise shots. Unfortunately, I woke up to snowfall and cloudy skys...which meant no visible sunrise. Oh well. Nevertheless, I captured some really cool images of the cherry blossoms in the midst of a snow storm. I like this photo because you can't really tell if it's snow flakes or pedals from the cherry blossoms falling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment