Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Jersey Shore?? Really?

Yes, believe it or not, this is the "Jersey shore." Unfortunately, New Jersey and anything associated with the Garden State seems to get a bad wrap. Many of these reality shows, such as 'Jersey Shore' and 'Jerseylicious', don't help matters. There is much more to New Jersey's coastal area than dirty boardwalks and Snookie. Don't get me wrong....I love the Jersey shore boardwalks. In fact, I grew up spending much of my summers down the shore on those very boardwalks, riding the rides, eating the infamous steak sandwiches, and playing the wheels. But, my sense is that people who are not from NJ would be quite shocked to find out that most of the state is comprised of beautiful farmland, natural praries, and beaches such as this one. In short, there's more to NJ than Seaside Heights. This particular shot was taken within an hour after sunrise at Spring Lake Heights, NJ. This is an HDR shot with very little post processing beside the basic adjustments such as levels and curves. Lighting really is everything in photography. I'm always amazed at how little post processing work I need to do when I take a shot in the right light.

No comments:

Post a Comment