Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, April 15, 2011

A NYC Iconic Building

When I think of Manhattan, several images come to mind....The empire state building, the twin towers (still...), grand central station, and of course, the flatiron building. Since I was a child, I have loved NYC. I find New York to have a cretain 'energy' that is unparalleled to any other place I've been to. I've heard numerous people describe NY as being the "pulse" of the country. I'd have to agree. I was fortunate to have grown up in a New Jersey suburb only 30-40 minutes outside of "the city." I would often sneak into NY on a bus with my friends as a teenager. Then, I actually had the opportunity to live in NY for four years during college. In fact, my primary motivation for picking this particular college was because it was in NY. Hehe. Now, I live about 2 hours away, but I still go in as much as I can, just to be a part of that energy and put my finger on that 'pulse', even if just for a day. I like this image because I feel it captures the grandeur of the city. Thoughts??

1 comment:

  1. Another wonderful shot. The light sweeping across the building draws the eye to the unusual form and historical details of this iconic structure. Well done.

    ReplyDelete