Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Before and After is Back


So, I've brought some 'before/after' action back today. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten my plugin programmed yet to perform that "rollover" effect, but it should be done pretty soon. This shot was really fun to take. I'm always impressed with myself when i shoot sunrise images because I am NOT a morning person. It's so hard for me to wake up in the morning... There have honestly been times that I've cried at the sound of my alarm clock. It's not as difficult to wake up in the summer because the sun rises much earlier and the daylight pouring through the windows always helps to get me going. However, in the winter months, when it's dark and cold...fugetaboutit. So, back to the photograph. This image is part of a series taken at different beaches along the coast of New Jersey. This particular shot was exactly at sunrise in Manasquan, NJ. If you look at the right corner of the image, where the rocks go deep into the ocean, you'll see a big wall of water splashing upward as it hit against the rocks. Pretty cool. Obviously, this is an HDR image, taken with 7 exposures (-3 to +3), and processed in Photomatix. In Photoshop, I used the basic enhancement tools such as levels, color balance, curves...after I masked in some stuff from the other exposures. The real trick to this image was painting in color in the ocean, sky, and sand. i wanted to increase the pinks and oranges around the sunrise so I used the eye dropper to sample the pre-existing colors, set the blending mode to multiply, and brush opacity very low (5%). Then, I began to paint. I used this technique, but with different blending modes, to paint some shades of turquoise and green in the water and orange tones in the sand. Viola!

No comments:

Post a Comment