Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Glimpse Into My OCD

ROLL MOUSE OVER PHOTO TO SEE 'BEFORE' SHOT
OK. I admit it...I have a problem...I can't stop editing a photograph if i feel it's not perfect. You guys saw this image a few posts ago. It is a composite image or photography montage, created by merging pieces of several photographs together in Photoshop. While I was excited about the image because it was my first attempt at this type of Photoshop work, there was something about it that I just didn't like. It wasn't good enough. It didn't flow. It looked....fake. So, I did the entire montage over again today...this time it only took me 3 hours (the first attempt took 6 hours). I finished the task around 3:00pm today. As the evening went by, all I could think about was this damn image. I still didn't like it. What is my problem!!?? It's just a photograph. There's medication for this sort of thing, isn't there? Anyways, 7:30pm, back at my computer I go. Fixing layers in Photoshop...transforming the flowers...dodging the barn...burning the sky...Viola. I'm still not completely pleased with this version...but I think it's a little better. I'm tired now. I'm going to try and sleep, but I have a feeling I'm going to lay in bed thinking about ways in which I can improve this version even more. 

I'd love to hear your opinions. Roll over the photo with your mouse..which version do you like better and why? How can I improve this most recent version? Help! Please! I just want to be able to sleep at night!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I liked the last version a little better, but it may just be my computer screen. Either way, though, I like the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I prefer the roll-over version - seems more composed and balanced in my opinion. Great site by the way.

    ReplyDelete