Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011 Flickr Pick

The walk by Thumbs Footage
The walk, a photo by Thumbs Footage on Flickr.

Today's Flickr Pick is not what you'd expect me to choose. As most of you know, my style of photography is colorful, vibrant, and the subject matter tends to be nature. However, I absolutely love this image and i wish i had taken it! I find this photograph very compelling...and I'm not sure why. First of all, it's a black and white. In my opinion, a photograph really has to be inherently spectacular (in terms of composition, subject matter, etc.) to pull off black and white. But, in this image, the black and white really works. In fact, I don't think it would be half as compelling if it were color. Second, this image breaks all the rules of composition...but again...it works! This is a great example of a photographer knowing precisely when to break those compositional rules in order to achieve the greatest impact in their image. Thumbs up for Thumbs Footage as the winner of today's Flickr Picks. This is truly a piece of photographic art.

No comments:

Post a Comment