Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May 24th, 2011 Flickr Pick

City Lights Overkill by Jörg Dickmann
City Lights Overkill, a photo by Jörg Dickmann on Flickr.

Today's Flickr Pick is near and dear to my heart. I found this photograph on Flickr several years ago and it has remained my very favorite shot of new York City. In fact, it is the inspiration behind my own NYC skyline shots. I can only say "Wow" when I look at this photograph. It is perfect in every way. This is an aerial shot of not only Manhattan, but also some of the other NY boroughs. If you look closely, you can see specific landmarks such as the Flat Iron Building. I love the leading lines of the streets and the reflections of the lights in the Hudson River. The photographer behind this shot is Jorg Dickmann, a very talents artist. Make sure to check out his work on Flickr!! Congratulations Jorg. This is truly a piece of photographic art.

No comments:

Post a Comment