Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011 Flickr Pick

The LowDown by Funky Slug
The LowDown, a photo by Funky Slug on Flickr.

So, there's an interesting story behind today's Flickr Pick, which was created by Brian Stevenson, A.K.A. Funky Slug. When I first signed up for Flickr (before I had ever heard of HDR photography) I stumbled across this image. I can't remember how...Perhaps it was posted in a group. Anyway, I was mesmerized by this photograph. I had never seen anything like it. After doing some research, i found out that it was an HDR image...and remains one of the best HDR images I have ever seen. Check out the quality of this work! Truly amazing. I love everything about it...the vantage point from which it was taken...the detail work....everything! Brian was one of the first HDR masters on Flickr. Check out more work by Mr. Funky Slug either through his Flickr page, blog, or website. Congratulations. This is truly a piece of photographic art!

2 comments:

  1. WOW... That's quite the endorsement Natalie, and I have to say on an image that I personally was never very happy with, and looking back now I have to think I over did the processing somewhat, but then we all live and learn hopefully... And if it in any way inspired you to produce the amazing images you now produce, then I don't mind accepting some credit... Thank you so much for your compliments... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. it certainly did inspire me! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete