Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 23, 2011

Purple Fields

Today's a yucky day...At my location in the world, it is rainy, dark, and dreary. In fact, it's been raining for like the last week. What the heck!! It's the end of May...Isn't it supposed to be warm, bordering hot by now? Why am i still wearing sweat shirts and pants? So much for the global warming theory. Anyways, picked this image to feature on today's post because it simulates a warming effect. : )
Nature is so interesting...Despite man's "concrete paradise" and incessant urban sprawl, nature will always find a way to prevail. This photograph is a great example. Behind these purple flowers, from where the sunlight is peeking through, lies a highway. In fact, I had to jump over a steel bar that lines the highway in order to get to this field. I pass this area a lot when I'm driving and over the last week i noticed these purple flowers peeking through some high grass along this highway. Being the inquisitive photographer that i am, I had to check it out. So, equipped with my camera bag and tripod, I set out for a small adventure. It was definately worth the effort as I found this small piece of paradise waiting for me beyond the steel divider. Who would have thought that you could find such a beautiful scene along a highway.

POST PROCESSING:
This is an HDR image, having used 5 exposures (-2 to +2). Tone mapped version was created in Photomatix, and then brought into Photoshop with the original 5 layers. I actually didn't end up using any of the exposures. After i examined each exposure and compared them to the tone mapped layer, I found that none of them brought anything that would improve the image. So, they were all deleted. Then, I began painting...painting in dark and light greens into the grass to add depth; dark and light pinks into the flowers; and, adding orange tones to the sunlight. I also used a warming filter on the entire image, set at 25% opacity. Sharpening was done through unsharp mask. Viola!

2 comments:

  1. That certainly does look very appealing... Isn't it amazing what you can find in the urban sprawl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brian! Yes...it is amazing, but wonderful that we can always find a good shot somewhere close by. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete