Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Blue Ridge Mountains


The last stop on our travels 'down south'...the Blue Ridge Mountains. These mountains begin in Georgia and reach all the way up to Virginia. There is a highway that runs through this mountain range called the Blue Ridge Parkway, and it's known as "America's most scenic highway." I stayed at a hotel situated right on the Blue Ridge Parkway in western North Carolina. The views were amazing. Up at 5:00am to shoot this pre-dawn scene, I felt like I was in the Swiss Alps. I never really understood why these mountains were called 'Blue Ridge Mountains'. However, once i saw them for myself, it all made sense. When viewing this mountain range, it appears blue in color, with a variety of contrasting shades of blue adding depth and dimensionality.

Post Processing: This is NOT an HDR shot. I used 3 RAW images that I merged together to create this panoramic. The merging process was done in Photoshop. I did not do a whole lot of post processing on this one, which is unusual for me. I used Levels, Curves, noise reduction, and Unsharp Mask. That's it!! Wow...this was an easy post to write. LOL!

5 comments:

  1. Just magnificent! It is one of my favorite places in the whole US, and you did a magnificent job of capturing the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice image, Nat. Predawn shots are among my favorites--soft blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! I can understand how the Blue Ridge Mountains would rank as someone's favorite places. It is amazing.

    I love predawn shots as well...I don't love waking up that early in the morning to get them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot Natalie, lovely tones (^___^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is where I live! I drive the Parkway every week! Glad you could enjoy it... It truly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete