Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 22, 2011

Lavender Fields


Scroll Mouse Over Image to See 'Before' Version

I suppose I've bored you long enough with images from my 'southern states' travels. So...back up north we go. This shot was taken at a lavender farm in eastern Pennsylvania. What a truly beautiful place. As soon as you walk onto the property you can smell fresh lavender in the air. Unfortunately, lavender is only in bloom for about 6 weeks every year (June-July)...at least in this part of the world. Not sure about other areas. If you look closely you will see a little girl running through the lavender on the left of the image. She added just the right touch to the photograph. 

Post Processing:
This is an HDR image, created with 5 exposures (-2 to +2). Tonemapped in Photomatix. The tonemapped image was brought into Photoshop along with the 5 original exposures, each on their own layer. With the tonemapped layer on top, I added a layer mask and masked in some of the areas from other layers with opacity set at 20%. I cloned in some more lavender plants on the bottom of the image with clone stamp. I also dodged some more light falling onto the foreground from the sun. Finally, I used color balance to add a touch of warmth to the image, levels, curves, noise reduction, and unsharp mask. Viola. 

4 comments:

  1. Great work as ever, Natalie.

    I have computer problems at present, in fact I have no computer since it decided to blow up last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image Natalie! Love the sun sparkle!
    BTW, I found your images on HDRphotog. I also started to post there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you much guys!

    Guav: Good to hear from you! I'm so sorry about your computer. That sucks! I'll keep an eye out for you on Flickr.

    Chloe: Thank you for your visit, and the nice compliment. :-)

    Ioneanu: Hi there luv! I'm glad to hear you joined us at HDRPhotog! Can't wait to see your work.

    ReplyDelete