Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Meditative Photographs


Have you ever seen a photograph that puts you into a sort of meditative trance? That's the feeling I get when I look at this image. Maybe it's because the actual place where this photograph was taken (Lake Tahoe) has that effect on me, but my goal when taking this image was to convey the sense of calm and peace I felt at the moment I clicked the shutter. Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places I have yet to see. Many people who view my images from Lake Tahoe think they are images taken at a tropical island. I think you have to experience Lake Tahoe yourself to believe its beauty. Yes, the water in Lake Tahoe is really this color! There are certain sections of Lake Tahoe where the water is more turquoise than other sections, particularly the north-eastern area, which is in Nevada. Unfortunately, when I made my trip out to Lake Tahoe, it had not yet snowed. I would have loved to photograph this gorgeous lake with snow covering the mountains. Oh well...at least I have an excuse to go back.

1 comment: