Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 8, 2012


New York City: In Your Face

If there was ever a city that I would want "in my face", it's Manhattan. Most of you know how much I love New York City. My love affair with this city began when I was a young adolescent, maybe 14 years old. Although I grew up only 40 minutes from NYC, I never really visited this amazing place until my teenage years. My mother brought me into "the city" for dinner...a mexican restaurant if I remember correctly. The energy was overwhelming. I had never before seen such tall buildings, so many people, bright lights everywhere...I was hooked! From that moment on I visited Manhattan as much as possible. I was lucky enough to attend college in NY, which was a dream come true. Every weekend I would take the ferry over to Manhattan. Even now, living 2 hours away, I still make my way into Manhattan at least once a month. I guess you can say it's an addiction. Of course, there are worse things one could be addicted to I guess.

I took this shot from South Street Seaport, overlooking the "three bridges"...Brooklyn Bridge, Manhattan Bridge, and the Williamsburgh Bridge. all of which cross the Hudson River. I wanted to capture an image that really brought the viewer into the heart of the city. In my opinion, this particular vantage point really embraces the hustle and bustle of New York. On this night, the moon was extraordinarily large. You can see it rising on the right of the photograph, right above Brooklyn. Can you feel the energy??

1 comment: