Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wild Fire


Wild Fire by Natalie Mikaels


Where has the summer gone? I'm sure you can relate to this feeling...I mean, it seems like last week that the weather just started changing to warmer temperatures and summer vacations were being planned. It is now the end of August and Autumn is just around the corner. In the spirit of autumn, I thought I would post this image that I took in Oregon at the Portland Japanese Gardens. Although this image was taken in mid-June, the orange and red leaves certainly suggest fall. This image won the Earthshots.org photo contest for July 13th, and is proving to be one of my more popular images. I hope you enjoy it as well!

I've succumbed to the social media craze known as Pinterest...yes, I couldn't resist. For the longest time, I ignored this hot trend among the social networking sites. Not because I have anything against social media, but simply because I assumed it was the same type of website as Facebook and Twitter. Out of curiosity, I checked it out. The end result...I'm hooked. Pinterest is a very different concept, and one that 'visually inclined' people would find extremely compelling. Pinterest is a virtual pinboard that allows you to search through millions of interesting "pins", in the form of high quality photographs, and pin them to boards that you can create. I've added a "Pinterest" button to the top of my blog page. Please give it a click and follow my boards. I'm creating some interesting boards that compile really cool photography and other topics.

Lastly, I had the opportunity to go on a few photography expeditions this summer...traveled to the north pacific and Minnesota, where I captured some pretty unique images. Check out my website to view my latest work   www.nataliemikaels.com

Best wishes,

Natalie Mikaels

2 comments:

  1. I every time spent my half an hour to read this webpage's posts all the time along with a cup of coffee.

    Here is my homepage ... voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really wonderful ideas in about
    blogging. You have touched some nice factors here.
    Any way keep up wrinting.

    Here is my web page :: Voyance Gratuite

    ReplyDelete